Thursday, January 17, 2008

House City Baby!!!!



SO! This is the house. We have an inspection today, and as long as everything goes smoothly we should close by the middle of February! The house is in St. Johns, on a cute little street not to to far off of Lombard.

I CANNOT wait to be a home owner!!! The things I'm looking most forward to are:

1. not having to make sure I have quarters before I do a load of wash.

2. being able to do a load of laundry whenever I want, even it is just to wash a couple of things (I know that is two laundry things but I cant wait to have my very own washer and dryer!!!)

3. painting my walls any color I want!!!

4. not having to keep all my sewing and craft stuff in piles on my living room floor.

5. having a yard... 

(and that is not even the whole yard)

6. planting a garden, in my amazing yard.

7. planting calla lilies (among many other flowers) in my yard!

8. having a place to put the letterpress that I have been dying to own.

9. DOG!!!!

10. having some place to call my own, and start a family in!

I will keep everyone posted... and you should all expect an invitation to a painting party soon!! 

6 comments:

The Bon said...

Huzzah! I can't wait until we're in the same position. We totally agree about the laundry. We actually now own a washer/dryer but have no place to put it. Boo.

Anonymous said...

You beat up to the punch. how long before the traditional house warming party where Chris and I have too much whiskey and one of us ends up getting sick somewhere inappropriate?

T is said...

D-not till we get a whole mess of plastic to throw down before the party!!!!

Unknown said...

YEAH!! Congratulations!!

jenn said...

I am so excited for you guys! That yard is awesome. And I can just picture your cool new craft room with your sewing machine and all your little boxes of crafty stuff (except I can't picture the letterpress because I don't know what it is). Keep us posted on how things are going!

marissa said...

congratulations!! where in st. john's is it?