Thursday, May 31, 2007

Back to School!


* I did not make these books

So I have decided to go back to school. Six years of higher education was just not enough so I'm going back to try and make it an nice even eight years! I plan to attend Oregon College of Arts and Craft (OCAC). While there I will be getting my BFA in Book arts, where I will learn to hand make "art" books. I am very excited because I will be able to take my sometimes unhealthy love of paper, and printing and turn it in to something wonderful. Because of my previous six years of education I should only have to take 3-4 semesters to get my degree which will be great! I will be starting in the fall.

I will be taking:
• survey beg. book arts
• book and box arts
• intro to fibers
• natural science/math (sadly I was shy a math and science credit boooo)
• and maybe one more (15 and 12 credits cost the same amount)

I will keep you all posted on my progress and post photos on the projects that I will be working on.

5 comments:

marissa said...

sounds exciting! what exactly do book artists do? i'm sure you'll be good at it anyway. :) sucks you have to take a math class, though.

did you make those books in the picture?

T is said...

m- I'm not worried it's a science/math class at an art school... I did not make those books but that is the sort of stuff I will be doing. I will also be doing a lot of print making which is my passion so that will be the best!

jenn said...

yay! school rocks! OCAC is the one up on sylvan hill off of burnside, right? the 20 used to go by there on my way to work, and there was this really hot guy that was either a student or a teacher there, and often there were students carrying cool looking stuff.

Rebel said...

Wow- that sounds really cool. You've made some awesome cards & invitations etc. so this is really a good direction for you to go in. I'm excited for you!

T is said...

j- yes it is the school that you are thinking of.