Friday, August 31, 2007

Change of Plan...

So I have decided not to go back to school. I came to the conclusion the other night that really the only reason that I had decided to go back to school was because I felt the need for the title. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that what I'd be more happy with is just taking classes... so that is my plan! There is just way to many thing I would rather be doing right now with my money and my time! I want to have a house, and start a family, and make things, and if I were in school I could see all of those things being put off... Also the more I sew, the more I was thinking that book arts was not the right choice of a major.

Even thought I will not be enrolled as a full time student I still plan on taking as many classes as I can, because really what I want to do is learn. I hope to take a silk screening class that starts at the end of September. I will keep you all posted on my progress, and my artwork, soon I will have photographs of all of my bags, and I will show them off before I put them on ETSY to sell.....

5 comments:

The Bon said...

Sound choice! I am so tired of school myself.

marissa said...

sounds like you made the right choice. good luck with all. i know you'll do well at whatever you decide to learn...you're so damn creative and talented! :)

Unknown said...

School will always be a possibility if you want to head back. Have fun in the meantime!!

Rebel said...

Yeah, you've got a ton of talent & creativity and when people look at your work, they're not going to care what your degree is in.

jenn said...

I know you posted this entry like three weeks ago, but I've been without regular internet for a while and I'm still getting caught up. I just wanted to lend my support to your decision not to go back to school full time. I definitely think that in your field, your talent and creativity is what matters (as opposed to, say, my field, where talent and creativity are minimal). You're doing amazing work in a lot of different media, so I think that using school to just get the skills you want is a great idea.