Tuesday, August 7, 2007

T Loves Bags!

So I know that I did not finish talking about my trip, but I got busy doing other things, and frankly did not want to write about the trip any more. As I feel like it I will post info about all of my stops, and keep all my pictures up to date on my flickr account!

I have been up to some sewing which has taken all of my time! I made a reversible skirt (from my Sew What! Skirts book) I don't have a photo of that yet though because the ones I took myself did not turn out well so I will have Matt help me tonight with that....

I also made a couple of bags!!! The first one I made from an Amy Bulter pattern. I really love her bags, and it was really easy to make. It was my first attempt at making a bag, and I think that I did a pretty good job! I need to make a few more from patterns, because I would like to come up with some of my own designs, but before I do I need to learn some basic skills.

Next I decided to not wait to learn new skills and just attempt my own "pattern". It turned out alright, and I really love the fabric, but there are things that drive me nuts about it. First of all the fabric was vinyl , and vinyl is just plain hard to sew, because the feet don't want to grab it. Since I have really never made my own bag pattern it is really simple, and kind of boring, but it is a start. I think that the more I make the better, I and they will be...

There was this class offered at OCAC this summer about drafting you own bag patterns, and making your own bags, but I did not find out about it until the class was over...I was so sad, and am hoping that they offer the class again soon!

Stay tuned for more exploration into my BAGS!!!!!!

3 comments:

Rebel said...

I love Amy Butler's stuff, her fabrics are really pretty too. Nice job with the Monkey bag, simple, but it works. I have a bag on my to-do list, I cut out all the pieces (I think), I just need to go back and put them all together & sew it up. But it's super complicated with batting, a sew in interfacing, lining and a funky bottom that uses a cardboard insert. Waaaay too complicated for me!

marissa said...

nice job. and i love the monkeys!

Unknown said...

Good Job T!!!!

You'll be making your own designs in no time!
Mabell