Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sining my life away/ Ikea is a happy place!!

So yesterday Matt and I signed all of our paper work... and we are only 6 days away from being official home owners!!!! We close on Valentines day! We won't get to move in for a week to ten days after we close, but then current homeowners will have to pay us 50 bucks a day to live in "our" house so I suppose that it is OK!!!

Our first order of duty will be the walls and the floors! The whole house has the awful old carpet so we will ripping that all up, and putting in laminate floors. First we will paint the walls, because the carpet is just getting thrown out we don't have to be all careful not to get any on the floor. Next we will rip up all the old carpet and lay down the floors, before we start to move all of our stuff in. 

Matt and I had a very productive day at Ikea. We were able to pick out several things that we want to get for the house, floors, shelves, book cases, couches, chairs, and tables. We want it all really. First we plan on doing the floors and walls and we will see what we can still afford after that. This is what our plan is thus far:

We plan on doing a green (surprise surprise) in the living room. It is going to match the green in the painting that I did with all the swirls. We hope to get a orange couch, and use brown, navy blue and red as accent colors... I can't wait to have color on my walls!! these colors will continue into the dining room and kitchen, because they are all like one big room anyway



In the family/Game room I think we are going to go with black, gray's, navy, and red. We found a leather sleeper sofa at Ikea that we liked. Also we found these chairs at Dania that we fell in love with they are the most comfortable chairs I have even sat in. We plan on getting them for the game room but we may wait for a bit because they are a bit on the spendy side but will be well worth the cost when we decide to splurge! And Splurge we will!

As far as the master bedroom goes we plan on using a dark blue as the main color, and other blues and greens to go with it. My favorite thing that I found at Ikea is the closet organization furniture that I want to use in the bedroom it is the PAX system and I LOVE it!!!!!!

I can't wait to do all my decorating, painting, and flooring and will keep you all posted as soon as the house is in our hands. I will take a mess of before, during and pictures so you all can see our work in progress!!!

2 comments:

The Bon said...

Wheee! We're super lucky that we inherited some really nice furniture [although we won't talk about the dining set that I hate, but can't see getting rid of because it's almost new and is good quality.] We've been slowly replacing things [like the bed, and the couch] because we were tired of the broke-ass shit we had. ;)

kjo said...

That is SO exciting Tiffany! Sweet! I can't wait to see the before and after pics of your house.

Congratulations!