Monday, June 18, 2007

8 days and counting...

I can't wait, Matt and I leave for our trip next tuesday!!! We leave on the 26th (our anniversary) and will arrive in Dublin the morning of the 27th. I still have sooooo much stuff to do, to get ready for the trip, but I will have everything done in time, I hope. We are both only bringing one carry-on bag, so there will not be that much to pack anyway.

I'm a bit nervous about the flight because the longest flight I have been on was PDX to LAX with a stop in Oakland, so all the way to Dublin will be a bit more then I'm used to. It is not a nonstop flight, we have a stop in alanta, so at least that will break it up a bit.

I will try to stop at an Internet cafe and keep you all updated, but If I don't look forward to a mess of pictures and stories when I get back!!!!

5 comments:

Rebel said...

You'll do okay on the flight, bring some magazines, or something else to do. When I flew to Europe, each seat had a little TV with a few different movies playing (although for some reason I ended up watching Tristan & Isolde like 5 times) so you can do that too. I couldn't sleep at all though, and that really killed me my first two days in England. So it might be a good idea to bring some over-the-counter sleeping pills to take when you get on the plane. It should knock you out for about 8 hours, and you won't have as much jet-lag if you actually get some sleep on the plane.

I'm so excited for you! You'll have to take tons of pictures to show us!

T is said...

R- Yea I plan on bringing pleanty of Benadryl, that will hopefully put me out! Plus we plan on taking it easy in Ireland since the rest of out trip will be pretty full and on the move.

JJ said...

Hi!! my first time on your blog!!Anyway, I would suggest more than magazines, like books, crafts, music, crossword puzzles, etc (I wouldn't be suprised if you were planning on these anyway). And you should get all you can drink alcohol since it is international. That always helps me. Good luck on the movies: I have had infernally bad luck with planes' movies; they always play the one movie I don't care about. But that's just me. I am very excited for you!! Have fun : ) (Jenny/JJ)

marissa said...

the only time i take prescription pain killers for anything other than pain is while on an airplane...they definitely work to calm air anxiety!

Unknown said...

If you're flying a US-based airline, alcohol is no longer free. But the movies should be. And, really, sleeping is essential! I can't wait to see you and play around a bit in Paris!!